LANSING -- A Lansing woman who was badly burned after a fire Saturday night on South Pine Street has died.
Officials with the Lansing Fire Department say the 73-year-old woman was life-flighted to the burn unit at the University of Michigan, but succumbed Sunday morning to her injuries.
She had suffered burns over 70 percent of her body.
The blaze broke out Saturday night in the bedroom of the victim's home.
Her neighbor, Jeremy Arnett, told News 10 his daughter spotted the blaze from their window. He sprinted to the home and pulled her from the flames.
"I ran up the stairwell and I kind of tripped and fell on a lady up the stairs," he said. "When I went to grab her, I realized she didn't have any clothes on the upper half of her body. I took my coat off and put it on her. Another lady and I helped pull her out of the house."
Officials don't yet know how the blaze started but say it was likely accidental.
Stay with News 10 and WILX.com for updates on this story.