A twelve year-old in Williamston has been feeling ill from Mercury exposure.
The middle school student was hospitalized on Monday. Poison control contacted the Ingham County Health Department. That prompted the cleanup by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Now hazmat crews are at the boy's home, to test for and remove contaminated materials.
The Superintendent of Williamston schools sent a letter to parents on Thursday informing them a vial of mercury had been spilled in the high school parking lot.
Tonight on WILX News Ten we speak to the neighbor and talk with the EPA about what you should do if you have mercury in your home.