Prosecutor: Indianapolis Blast Not Accidental

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press
Officials announced Monday that their probe had shifted to a criminal investigation, but did not explicitly say accidental causes had been ruled out.

Citizens Energy workers continue their investigation Monday afternoon Nov. 12, 2012 by digging into the front sidewalk looking for possible explanation into the explosion in Indianapolis. (AP Photo/ WTHR Chopper 13 /The Indianapolis Star, Matt Kryger)

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- A prosecutor says investigators have ruled out any accidental cause for the Indianapolis house explosion that killed two people, destroyed five homes and damaged dozens more.
Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry told The Associated Press on Tuesday that city arson investigators and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives had concluded the Nov. 10 blast wasn't an accident.
Officials announced Monday that their probe had shifted to a criminal investigation, but did not explicitly say accidental causes had been ruled out.
Curry said Tuesday that search warrants have been executed, but that additional search warrants issued by local judges have yet to be served.
He declined to discuss details of the criminal investigation or the search warrants, saying that releasing information at this point "would jeopardize the ongoing investigation."


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

See full commenting rules...
powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180249841 - wilx.com/a?a=180249841
Gray Television, Inc.