One of the driveways to the Williamston High School parking lot was closed Thursday because of a small mercury spill. The superintendent tells wilx.com there's no risk of exposure to students or staff. The elemental mercury was brought onto the school grounds and spilled by a student. It's not clear exactly how or when it happened. The Ingham County Health Department ran tests on the middle and high school and found nothing beyond normal environmental levels.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.