Consumers Energy says it fired some employees after a gas explosion killed a 58-year-old man in suburban Detroit.
The utility won't disclose the number of employees. In a statement Friday, Consumers says people have been fired for failing to follow policies and procedures.
Daniel Malczynski of Royal Oak was killed last month. Crews replacing a gas main in his neighborhood may have damaged the line.
The company says it has resumed some projects that involve the same drilling method used in Royal Oak.
Consumers is the main subsidiary of Jackson-based CMS Energy. It provides electricity and natural gas to nearly 7 million Michigan residents.