Charter Bus Carrying Cruise Ship Passengers Breaks Down

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

HOUSTON (AP) -- Some passengers who fled the disabled Carnival cruise ship Triumph and left Alabama aboard charter buses suffered yet another setback on their way home when one of the buses broke down.
Carnival spokesman Vance Gulliksen says a bus got sidelined Friday on the way to New Orleans after leaving Mobile, Ala.
He says another bus was available and those aboard were transferred and continued to New Orleans where they arrived safely later Friday morning.
The ship carrying some 4,200 people and under tow by tugboats docked late Thursday, five days after an engine-room fire left it powerless and adrift.

• by Gaymn Mcracken Location: Peter Creek on Feb 15, 2013 at 03:55 PM
    Most people had a hard trip.
  • by allen stephenson Location: sanantonio on Feb 15, 2013 at 03:30 PM
    carvinal is a walmart cruise , they only car about the money ,they do not listen to the customers
  • by Karma Location: CA on Feb 15, 2013 at 03:22 PM
    I heard,(at the water cooler) that they were issued skateboards for the rest of the trip. Just sayin
  • by Walter Location: TN on Feb 15, 2013 at 02:41 PM
    We're narrowing down the list to identify passengers with black clouds over their heads. Some people there are having no luck at all.
  • by Don Location: NC on Feb 15, 2013 at 02:11 PM
    What a trip!!! They won't soon forget that one!
  • by Jim B Location: Texas on Feb 15, 2013 at 01:31 PM
    If I was on the Bus that broke down and I was planning on flying out I do believe I would have second thoughts. My thoughts would be stay close to the ground just in case.
  • by Chip on Feb 15, 2013 at 01:20 PM
    I sure as heck don't want to get on the same planne as these people!
  • by tamara hope Location: wright city mo on Feb 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM
    These poor people,I bet they not only be happy to finally get home,but I bet it will be a long time befor they will want to any kind of vacation!
  • by Anonymous on Feb 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    Somebody on that trip has bad juju
  • by Jason Location: Jackson on Feb 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    That just adds insult to injury. Hope they all make it home safely.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 191412811 - wilx.com/a?a=191412811