Car-Hauler Strikes Bridge Over I-496

By: News Ten
By: News Ten

DELTA TWP - A truck carrying new cars strikes a bridge over I-496 near Lansing. The accident happened around noon on Friday in the eastbound direction of I-496 at the Snow Road bridge. A few of the top cars on the car-hauling trailer were damaged, as they struck the bottom of the bridge. MDOT engineers inspected the bridge and say it appears fine. A sign on the bridge was damaged, and another car received minor damage from falling debris. Cars were being diverted to the shoulder of I-496 around the accident, while crews cleaned up the debris. The driver of the truck, nor any other drivers, were injured.

• by Rob Location: Fowlerville on Apr 7, 2012 at 06:18 PM
    I bet he forgot to lower the top level after loading the bottom level. I bet he's canned now.
  • by tom Location: eaton rapids on Apr 7, 2012 at 06:59 AM
    the lazy driver should be fired . somebody could have been seriously injured.
  • by Markus Location: Jackson on Apr 7, 2012 at 04:29 AM
    In Germany, all bridges are 7.5m high. Here, the bridges vary almost every time. There should be a standard set for bridge heights.
  • by Angela Location: Charlotte on Apr 6, 2012 at 01:06 PM
    I happened to be driving by in the opposite side of 496, and could not believe my eyes. I am shocked that not all vehicles on the top of the car carrier were damaged. What a crazy incident. I hope the driver doesn't loose his job because of it..
  • by andy Location: Lansing on Apr 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    Maximum truck hight 13'6" bridge 14'4" somebody didn't measure his load accurately
  • by Courtney on Apr 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    The importance of knowing hall tall you load is and reading the yellow clearance signs posted on the bridge.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 146442655 - wilx.com/a?a=146442655