Mercury Cleared

By: News 10 Email
By: News 10 Email

A mercury spill that forced two Jackson families out of their apartments last Friday has been cleared.

The Jackson County Health Department evacuated the apartments after it was discovered some children had been playing with the toxic chemical.

Investigators believe the mercury leaked out of a tool box.

No one was hospitalized in the incident.

Health officials say once the clean up is complete the families can move back into their apartments.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by JB Location: Jackson on Aug 21, 2007 at 04:33 PM
    Well what was the mercury doing in a tool box to begin with? And why didn't the person the tool box belong to take the responsability for it. Those kids that were playing wiht it could have become very sick.
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 9291861 - wilx.com/a?a=9291861
Gray Television, Inc.