A child playing with a lighter is responsible for setting a house in Leoni Township on fire Monday.
The home on Viking Drive was severely damaged by the flames. Fire officials say a nine-year-old boy accidentally set the house on fire, when he flicked the lighter on a tag on a mattress in the basement.
No one was hurt. Damages are estimated at $30,000. The family was renting the home and did not have renters insurance.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.