A house fire that fire officials believe started in the kitchen destroys a home in Lansing, leaving a family of five without a home.
According to Lansing Fire Captain Marvin Helmker, a fire started in the kitchen of a home located in the 34-hundred block of Independence St. in Lansing on Saturday afternoon.
Five people and a dog managed to get out of the home safely.
Damage is estimated at around $20,000. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.