Fireworks Cause House Fire

By: Natalie Johnson
By: Natalie Johnson

Fireworks are to blame for spreading flames to three Lansing houses over the weekend.

It happened around 4:40 a.m. Saturday.

Lansing firefighters believe the fire started on a wooden deck then spread to the home and garage.

The family living there got out safely.

Because of the fire's intense heat, two neighboring houses were damaged.

One firefighter suffered from heat exhaustion.

Firefighters found remnants of fireworks on the deck; they are not sure if they are legal or illegal fireworks.

The incident is being called accidental at this time.


WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 3321671 - wilx.com/a?a=3321671
Gray Television, Inc.