LANSING - An overloaded surge protector is being blamed for the fire that killed a Lansing man Monday morning. The fire was called in at about 9:20AM to a 2-story home in the 100 block of N. Hayford Street.
Two people were inside the home. Lansing fire fighters say one resident escaped uninjured, but a man in his 60's was found deceased inside the home. The man's name has not been released, while relatives are being notified.
The house and contents suffered extensive damage.
Lansing Fire would like to remind everyone that as we have changed our clocks to please change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.