Fire at a three-story apartment complex near the University of Michigan campus forced some residents to escape by jumping from windows.
Three men and two women were taken to the University of Michigan Medical Center for treatment. Three suffered smoke inhalation, one had a possible broken ankle and a third had cuts.
Damage is estimated at a quarter-million dollars.
The fire was discovered about 12:50 a.m. Battalion Chief Mike French says it may have started near an electrical power strip in one of the upper-floor apartments.
French says firefighters got the blaze under control within an hour.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.