Pothole Problems

By: Josie Connell
By: Josie Connell

Potholes can be a big problem in Michigan, but what do you do if you hit one?

First, report it. Determine if you're on a city, county, or state road. The number for MDOT is 888-296-4546.

Second, contact your insurance agency. Many agencies will cover pothole damage, although if it's just your tire that's been damaged, they may not. Usually the state or other local governments don't cover damage.

Finally, try to avoid areas that do have potholes.

WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1365467 - wilx.com/a?a=1365467
Gray Television, Inc.