A family is homeless for the holidays following an early morning fire in Jackson County's Rives Township. It started around 1 a.m. Monday on West Territorial Rd.
It hasn't been confirmed by the fire chief, but a family member tells News Ten that a woodstove is to blame. Four people lived in the home, but only one was there when the fire started. Adam Barnett was sleeping and had to jump out of his bedroom window to escape. His girlfriend and her two children were away for the night.
Firefighters worked well into the morning but could not salvage the home. Since the family did not have insurance, the American Red Cross is accepting donations. If you would like to contribute, please send a cash donation to:
American Red Cross
c/o Adam Barnett
729 W. Michigan Ave.
Jackson, MI 49201
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.