UPDATE: Man Dies In Morning Fire

By: News 10
By: News 10

LANSING - An overloaded surge protector is being blamed for the fire that killed a Lansing man Monday morning. The fire was called in at about 9:20AM to a 2-story home in the 100 block of N. Hayford Street.

Two people were inside the home. Lansing fire fighters say one resident escaped uninjured, but a man in his 60's was found deceased inside the home. The man's name has not been released, while relatives are being notified.

The house and contents suffered extensive damage.

Lansing Fire would like to remind everyone that as we have changed our clocks to please change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

See full commenting rules...
powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 230498021 - wilx.com/a?a=230498021
Gray Television, Inc.