Lansing police are investigating a sexual assault that happened Saturday night on Lowcroft Avenue. Police tell wilx.com the attacker went into a home on the 4600 block of Lowcroft a little after 9:30pm. He's described as a black man between 30 and 40 years old, 5'9" or 5'10" with a medium build. He may have been walking in the area before the attack. Investigators can't say whether or not this is related to four sexual assaults on the city's south side. Anyone with information is asked to call the Lansing Police Department Tip Line at 517-483-6600.
Police suggest everyone follow these safety tips:
• Be aware of your surroundings
• Lock all doors / windows / garage doors
• Reporting suspicious people to the Police
• Contact Neighborhood watch representative
• Close or shut window coverings (shades / blinds) at night
• Change routine (times)
• Always have a phone nearby
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.