34-year-old Ryan Cunningham was arraigned Tuesday on drug, weapons and fleeing charges after he stole a Blackman-Leoni patrol unit and lead law enforcement on a chase.
Police arrested Cunningham last Friday at the Colonial Inn in Jackson County's Leoni Township. After he was put in the patrol unit, Cunningham was able to free himself from his handcuffs, get into the driver's seat and speed off.
A high speed chase ended in Monroe County, a mile from the Ohio border, when he rolled the SUV on U.S. 23.
This list of charges Cunningham is facing is:
- Operating and maintaining a lab involving meth
- Possession of methamphetamine
- possession of a short barrelled shotgun
- possession of a firearm by a felon
- Felony firearm
- unlawful driving away of a motor vehicle
- fleeing and eluding 4th degree
Cunningham remains in the Jackson County jail.