A 19 year old MSU student says he awoke in his Abbot Hall room to see a man he didn't recognize holding his roommate's laptop. When the student ordered the man to leave, another man entered the room and appeared to be holding a gun under his sweatshirt.
Police say the alleged robbers took $20 in cash, threatened revenge if police were notified and they left the room. The alleged victim was not injured.
The Michigan State University Police are investigating the reported robbery.
Any witnesses are asked to contack the MSU Police at (517) 355-2222.
Also, the MSU Police offers these safety tips:
1. Call 911 if you are in danger.
2. Do not prop open locked residence hall doors.
3. Lock your room door when sleeping, and when leaving a
4. Use peepholes to identify visitors.
5. Do not take in overnight guest whom you do not know.
6. Report all doors, locks, and windows in need of repair to
residence hall staff.
7. Be aware of people loitering or checking doors in your hall.
Note their description and call the police.
8. Require identification and authorization from maintenance
staff requesting access to your room for any reason.