Woman Killed in Space Heater Fire

By  | 

Authorities say a space heater possibly used to keep water pipes from freezing started a mobile home fire that killed an 81-year-old Barry County woman.
State police Sgt. Scott LeRoy says the space heater was too close to "combustibles."
Wanda Cooper's body was found Thursday in Orangeville Township, about 35 miles south of Grand Rapids. She died of smoke inhalation.
Several other people also were killed this week in mobile home fires.
A 73-year-old man died Wednesday in Berrien County's Benton Township in southwestern Michigan. Robert L. James Sr. was found in a back bedroom.
Two brothers, 51-year-old Steven Smith and 47-year-old Thomas Smith, died as a result of a fire Tuesday at an Ionia County mobile home.




 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus