Authorities in central Michigan say a 41-year-old woman died in a fire that apparently started with the wood-heating system of her home.
Gratiot County Sheriff Doug Wright says the fire broke out late Sunday at the rented house in Ithaca, about 35 miles west-southwest of Saginaw.
He says that Melissa Franks died of smoke inhalation, and the fire also killed her two dogs.
The sheriff says Franks was the only resident of the house and says the fire apparently originated with the wood stove and the badly clogged chimney. He also says the home's two smoke detectors apparently weren't working.