CARLETON, Mich. (AP) -- Utility officials are investigating the death of a lineman who was electrocuted in Monroe County after coming in contact with a power line.
The Monroe News reports (http://bit.ly/1v4YzwO ) 54-year-old George W. Ward of Wyandotte was burned over much of his body while preparing to work on a transformer June 14 in Carleton, about 25 miles southwest of Detroit, and died two days later.
DTE Energy Co. spokesman Alejandro Bodipo-Memba says Ward's death is a "tragic situation."
The sheriff's department says live wires appeared to be down at the time.
Patty Gore says her brother was employed as a lineman for the City of Wyandotte prior to joining Detroit-based DTE and was an experienced and careful worker. Ward is survived by two adult children, a granddaughter, his mother and another sister.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.