Turns out, the time capsule placed in the cornerstone of an old church in Grand Ledge was a big, fat bust. We were there as crews chipped away the cornerstone to find out what was placed inside back in 1903 and all we saw was a small piece of a can. They had hoped it was a time capsule with items dating as far back as 1867, when the First Congregational Church was first built. Maybe there was one at one time, but it may have disintegrated over the years. It appears we'll never know.
The church is now the Bridge Street Wedding Chapel.