Turns out, some of that tainted ground beef that got people sick wasn't just distributed to restaurants.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture says it was also sent to Gordon Food Service (GFS) Marketplace stores in Michigan and 8 other states. However, it did not specify which stores.
Gordon's says the product was sold as a "Fresh Premium Angus Beef Steakburger Patty", 10 count, 4 lb package. The recalled product was produced between March 31 and April 18. GFS has since recalled the product and is telling customers to return the packaging or bring their receipt to their local GFS store for a full refund.
According to the USDA's website, the beef was also shipped to the M66 General Store in Orleans in Ionia County.
The meat was produced from Detroit-based Wolverine Packaging Company. At least 11 people got sick from E.coli contamination after eating the beef at restaurants between late April and early May.