HASTINGS, Mich. (AP) -- Officials say a 3-year-old West Michigan boy accidentally suffocated himself with a plastic bag.
According to Michigan State Police, Joel Newton went to bed Monday with his 5-year-old brother. The two were playing when Joel placed a plastic bag over his head.
MLive.com reports Joel couldn't remove the bag, and his brother alerted their father, who performed CPR and called 911.
The Hastings boy died on Tuesday at a hospital.
WOOD-TV says authorities consider his death to be an accident and no foul play is suspected.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.