NOVI, Mich. -- Michigan has issued a public health alert after listeria was found in a sample of chicken Caesar salad sold in suburban Detroit.
The state Department of Agriculture and Rural Development announced Tuesday that the problem was discovered a day earlier during routine product sampling at a Sam's Club store in Novi. No illnesses have been reported related to the product.
The state says the salad should be discarded.
The salad is packaged in an 11-ounce clear plastic clamshell container labeled "Chicken Caesar Salad" with the name "Daily Chef" on the label and a sell by date of July 31, 2014. The state says that the product was sold from the deli at the store.
Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis. Symptoms can include fever, headache and diarrhea or other gastrointestinal problems.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.