MT. MORRIS, Mich. -- Police say a natural gas line has caused an explosion that destroyed a Genesee County car wash.
The Flint Journal reports the Sunday night explosion leveled the On The Spot Car Wash and damaged Grandma Kay's Family Diner. No one was injured.
A state police specialist tells the Journal the origin of the explosion won't be known until excavators clear the rubble. Consumers Energy workers were at the site following the incident.
Grandma Kay's owner Tina Burton tells the Journal she is grateful the explosion didn't occur earlier in the day when there were customers in the restaurant.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.