DETROIT (AP) -- Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette says his office will prosecute a man suspected in a shooting spree that targeted motorists in four counties last month.
The AG's office announced Tuesday it had agreed to take over the cases at the request of prosecutors in Livingston, Ingham and Shiawassee counties.
Raulie Casteel currently faces charges in Livingston and Oakland counties.
Schuette's office will lead the prosecution of Casteel in the Livingston case. The Oakland County prosecutor's office will continue to handle the 60 counts Casteel faces in connection with shootings in Wixom and Commerce Township.
The attorney general's office says its criminal division will review evidence collected by a multi-jurisdictional task force and decide whether to bring charges related to shootings in Ingham and Shiawassee counties.