House Fire in Lansing

By: News 10
By: News 10

Firefighters were sent to the 300 block of Maybel Street in Lansing around four a.m. Sunday morning. Residents there complained of smoke and heat coming from the ceiling.

Lansing Fire Department tells News 10 that there was a fire contained to the attic of the home, and was probably the result of an electric issue. The family lost power to a certain part of their home a few days prior, and authorities believe the two incidents are related.

There was very little damage to the home, and everyone made it out safely. Lansing Fire Department urges homeowners to install fire alarms in the attic. The cost of fire damage well outweighs the cost of a fire alarm.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

See full commenting rules...
powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 220099801 - wilx.com/a?a=220099801