The East Lansing Police Department arrested five suspects in a series of armed robberies in the Bailey Neighborhood and Cedar Village area early Sunday, February 17.
Several reports of strong armed robberies were reported to the ELPD between the hours of 1:30-3 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 17. A description of the suspect and vehiclewas released. A short time later, a traffic stop at the Linden-Bailey intersection resulted in the arrests of five suspects. Four of the five suspects were adults; one was a juvenile. The suspects were later released, pending investigation.
On Friday, March 1 the four adult male suspects were arrested and charged with eight counts each:
• 5 Counts of Unarmed Robbery
• 1 Count of Assault with Intent to Rob
• 1 Count of Home Invasion
• 1 Count of Conspiracy
Three of the four suspects were arrested at Everett High School. Later in the day on March 1, the fourth suspect turned himself in. The suspect, who is a juvenile, will be charged at a later date.
The adult suspects charged in this case include:
• Dallas Ledesma Benitez; 17 years old from Lansing
• Nicholas Marlon Jackson; 18 years old from Lansing
• Davion Dashawn Scott; 17 years old from Lansing
• Rodricus Delmere McDuffy; 18 years old from Lansing