Homemade Fireworks Start House Fire

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Police in western Michigan say that a man trying to make fireworks caused a fire that heavily damaged a home in Grand Haven Friday morning.
Reports say fire crews arriving at the scene found heavy smoke coming from the attic. Authorities say the fire was contained within a short time and crews were extinguishing hot spots.
The Grand Rapids Press reports that police say a resident was making fireworks when the black powder exploded. A police statement says the resident sustained burns on his arms.
Residents say they were unable to extinguish the fire with a garden hose.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 265864991 - wilx.com/a?a=265864991