Drivers On Edge After Highway Shootings

By  | 

Brandy Morris of Kentwood was driving home from her son's soccer practice in Wixom, Saturday afternoon, when she ran into some traffic on westbound I-96 near Fowlerville. It turns out Michigan State Police had shut down the highway.

At first, Morris and her son were not sure why there was so much traffic, but then, she says, a thought popped into her head.

"I looked on the news and it was about this guy who had been shooting," said Morris. "This is scary because it could have been us. We drive by here all the time."

Authorities are looking for the man who shot two cars around noon, Saturday, near the Fowlerville exit. They believe it could be the same man responsible for at least 22 other confirmed shootings that took place almost two weeks ago.

On Saturday, he shot at the window of the first car and through the driver's side door of the second, hitting the driver in the rear.

The 46-year-old from Delton, Michigan, now identified as Scott Arnold, was taken to a nearby hospital where he was listed in stable condition shortly after. Authorities have not released the victim's name.

Members of then four-county task force investigating the shootings met in Wixom, Sunday, to discuss any evidence found following Saturday's shootings. No one was made available to speak to the media, but they did say there are no new suspects in the case. Scary news for the small town of Fowlerville.

"It is just uncomfortable knowing that the guy is still out there," said Kara Hicks of Fowlerville. "I think it makes everyone feel on edge about driving."

News 10 is keeping contact with members of the four-county task force and will release information as we get it. Any other victims or anyone with information on the shooter is encouraged to call 1-800-SPEAK-UP or their county authorities.




 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus