The man renting a home on Elm Rd. in Webberville tells News 10 he started a fire there Friday evening when using a blowtorch to thaw a frozen water pipe.
The man and his daughter got out safely.
The American Red Cross recommends the following options for thawing pipes:
--electric heating pad
--wrap pipes in towel soaked in hot water
Blowtorches and other open flames are too dangerous.
You can prevent pipes inside the house from freezing by running a steady trickle of water.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.