Consumers Energy Fires Workers Over Explosion

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Consumers Energy says it fired some employees after a gas explosion killed a 58-year-old man in suburban Detroit.
The utility won't disclose the number of employees. In a statement Friday, Consumers says people have been fired for failing to follow policies and procedures.
Daniel Malczynski of Royal Oak was killed last month. Crews replacing a gas main in his neighborhood may have damaged the line.
The company says it has resumed some projects that involve the same drilling method used in Royal Oak.
Consumers is the main subsidiary of Jackson-based CMS Energy. It provides electricity and natural gas to nearly 7 million Michigan residents.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 198554331 - wilx.com/a?a=198554331