Carbon Monoxide Suspected in Woman's Death

By  | 

CHASE, Mich. (AP) -- Authorities believe a West Michigan woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning due to a faulty boiler furnace in her home.
The Ludington Daily News reports Friday that 63-year-old Susan Arrington was found dead Thursday morning by a friend.
Lake County Undersheriff Richard Perrin says carbon monoxide in Arrington's home registered 146 parts per million and that she may have had prolonged exposure to it.
The odorless gas forms when something burns without an adequate supply of oxygen.
A carbon monoxide detector was not found in the house, 165 miles northwest of Detroit.
A soot-plugged furnace boiler was causing a carbon monoxide leak in a Flint home where a couple and an 11-year-old boy were found dead Christmas morning. Several other people in different parts of that house managed to escape.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus