Bomb Threats Delay Opening of Bath Schools

By  | 

Bath public schools opened two hours later than usual Thursday morning because of bomb threats.

Bath superintendent Jake Huffman says two phone threats were left on the administration office's voice mail. They were discovered when staff arrived at 7:10 a.m.

Huffman says the buildings were immediately evacuated, Bath police were contacted and the opening delay was announced.

By 9:20 a.m., all buildings had been swept by bomb detection units, nothing was found and classes were reopened.

The voice mails are being analyzed with hopes of determining the caller.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus