Bomb Threats Delay Opening of Bath Schools

By: News 10
By: News 10

Bath public schools opened two hours later than usual Thursday morning because of bomb threats.

Bath superintendent Jake Huffman says two phone threats were left on the administration office's voice mail. They were discovered when staff arrived at 7:10 a.m.

Huffman says the buildings were immediately evacuated, Bath police were contacted and the opening delay was announced.

By 9:20 a.m., all buildings had been swept by bomb detection units, nothing was found and classes were reopened.

The voice mails are being analyzed with hopes of determining the caller.


WILX.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

See full commenting rules...
powered by Disqus
WILX 500 American Road Lansing, MI 48911 517-393-0110
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 172662061 - wilx.com/a?a=172662061