Best Buy Evacuated Due To Gas Leak

By  | 

The Best Buy store at the Jackson Crossing mall was evacuated at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday due to a gas line leak on the roof.

Consumers Energy says the line broke because of the weight of snow on it.

Store management ordered staff and customers to leave after gas was smelled and a hissing sound was heard.

Best Buy spokesperson Shandra Tollefson issued a statement saying "our primary concern is for the safety of our customers and employees and all were able to safetly leave the store unharmed."

No gas got in the store and no one was hurt. No other stores in the nearby mall were affected.

The store reopened shortly after noon.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus