ICE STORM ADVICE FROM THE LANSING FIRE DEPARTMENT
- Reminder that any intersection that has an inoperable traffic light must be treated as a 4-way stop.
- If you see any new downed power lines, call 2-1-1.
- When using an alternate form of heating like propane heater or generator, use it outside only. CO fumes can be deadly.
- Do not try to wire your generator into a utility pole. This is extremely dangerous.
- Water pipes in homes without heat will begin freezing. Leave water on faucets on for just a trickle. Moving water usually doesn't freeze.
- Be a good neighbor. Check to see if you're neighbors are doing okay.