Fire officials say four members of a Summit Township family are hospitalized after breathing in carbon monoxide fumes overnight.
Fire officials for the Jackson County community say the family had a generator running outside their home. But the exhaust vent was pointed at a window, spewing the dangerous fumes into the house.
One of the residents called 911 at about 7 a.m. after suspecting that a 60-year-old man who lived there had a heart attack.
The man had opened the door to let the dog out, and then collapsed on the couch. The other residents told fire crews they started feeling nauseous and woozy.
The four were taken to an Ann Arbor hospital. Their conditions were unavailable.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.