Hospital Evacuated for Carbon Dioxide

By  | 

According to Lansing Fire authorities, just before 3:00 a.m. Wednesday morning, patients at Sparrow’s St. Lawrence Campus were evacuated due to carbon dioxide exposure and poisoning.

The cause was a car parked just above an air duct that emptied its exhaust into the hospital.

Fifteen patients had to be moved to the downtown Sparrow facility complaining of nausea, headache and chest pains.

Sparrow officials say that 16 staff members experienced similar symptoms, but recovered immediately.

According to hospital officials, as many as 200 associates worked in the building.

Lansing Fire representatives say that the hospital will be able to operate later Wednesday afternoon.