According to Lansing Fire authorities, just before 3:00 a.m. Wednesday morning, patients at Sparrow’s St. Lawrence Campus were evacuated due to carbon dioxide exposure and poisoning.
The cause was a car parked just above an air duct that emptied its exhaust into the hospital.
Fifteen patients had to be moved to the downtown Sparrow facility complaining of nausea, headache and chest pains.
Sparrow officials say that 16 staff members experienced similar symptoms, but recovered immediately.
According to hospital officials, as many as 200 associates worked in the building.
Lansing Fire representatives say that the hospital will be able to operate later Wednesday afternoon.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.