A pregnant woman and three children were killed this morning in a fast-moving fire that destroyed their southwest Detroit home.
Detroit fire officials say the blaze apparently was sparked by an unattended barbecue grill and there were not working smoke detectors in the house.
A fire department spokeswoman says the house was engulfed in flames when crews arrived at 12:45 a.m.
A woman who lives nearby says a neighbor kicked in the door of the burning house and helped pull a man out. She says flames were too intense to go back in and find the woman and children.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.