A Meridian Township man was arrested early Thursday morning on charges of child pornography, but authorities say the investigation is not over.
Fifty-two year-old Nickolas Kriek was arraigned on two felony counts; possession of child sexually abusive material and using a computer to commit a crime. In addition, Kriek was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
Authorities say a tip from a citizen led to the arrest on Thursday. They say the investigation is ongoing.
The Ingham County Prosecutor's Office says it does not have evidence at this time that Kriek was manufacturing or creating these materials. But says he did have multiple images of pornography.
The preliminary exam is set for Jan. 22.
wilx.com Extended Web Coverage
Child Porn Facts
- Every 15 seconds a child is abused in the United States.
- Fifteen percent of all abused children are sexual abuse victims.
- The average sex offender has 117 victims.
- Ninety-five percent of sexual abuse victims know their perpetrator.
- Ninety-five percent of all teenage prostitutes have been sexually abused.
- There are an estimated 60 million survivors of childhood sexual abuse in America today.
- Child pornography is produced at the suffering of children who are sexually abused
- Child pornography renews feelings of guilt, shame, fear and self-hate in the victims of childhood sexual assault.
- Child pornography is used in the commission of sexual abuse as a tool to groom the victim.
Source: www.antichildporn.org contributed to this report