The CDC says a good way to prevent the spread of the flu is by covering your nose when you cough or sneeze. Health officials say when people use proper "respiratory etiquette," less people get infected.
Also, frequent hand washing is another good way to prevent the germs from spreading.
wilx.com Extended Web Coverage
What is it?
- A cold is a viral infection.
- It is caused by viruses known as rhinoviruses
- The rhinovirus is a microscopic organism which invades the mucus cells of the nose.
- As viruses are essentially genetic, this entails that they can also mutate.
- There are now about 250 known rhinoviruses in the community, which means that there are about 250 colds flying around out there for you to catch.
What are the current treatments?
Source: http://www.commoncold.co.uk/page1.htm (Common Cold Web Site)