The Bravo Italian Kitchen is back open for business after hundreds fell ill from eating there. The Ingham County Health Department cleared the restaurant Tuesday afternoon and just in time for dinner, guests were being seated inside.
The Ingham County Health Department confirmed, late Tuesday afternoon, it was Norovirus that made the patrons sick. No word yet on how the highly contagious virus spread.
At least one lawsuit has been filed against the Bravo Italian Kitchen. Food safety worker Pattie McNiel ate at the restaurant one week ago and Monday an attorney filed a lawsuit on her behalf. McNiel says the restaurant should be held accountable for making so many people sick. McNiel says she ate at Bravo in March and actually spoke with a manager about the numerous hand washing violations she witnessed. Business cards were exchanged but nothing more came out of it, she says.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.