Mid-Michigan firefighters put in long hours battling flames at a local Williamston bar.
The Bucket, located on Grand River Avenue, caught fire Thursday morning.
The owner tells News 10 that the flames started in the kitchen area around 2 a.m. The employees thought they had extinguished the flames, but they flared up again. Workers and remaining customers inside the bar were able to get out safely. Because of the intensity of the flames, police also evacuated nearby residents. The residents are lodged at the community center in Williamston.
Fire officials believe the building is a total loss. It took several fire departments to put out the massive flames. Responding departments include Meridian Township, Dansville, Stockbridge, and Mason.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.