Local experts warn people to remember important firework safety tips.
- Never use anything illegal.
- Always have a bucket of water close by.
- Never point or throw a firework at someone.
- Never light a firework near anything combustible.
- Never try to relight a firework or light more than one at a time.
Firefighters say children are especially at risk for injury from legal fireworks, so be sure to watch them closely and if they use sparklers, make sure the sparklers are held away from their body and then extinguished in a bucket of water.
Local doctors recommend enjoying public fireworks this holiday season to be sure you'll avoid a trip to the emergency room.