A nearly two-year-old girl has died after being discovered submerged in an in-ground pool at her grandparents' home.
Brandi Varco, of Corunna, who would have marked her second birthday July 10, died at Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor on Tuesday, The Argus-Press of Owosso reported. She fell into the pool on Saturday.
Brandi was found by her 18-year-old aunt floating face-down in the pool, according to police reports. She apparently had been left unattended for a brief period of time while in the aunt's care, the newspaper reported.