The House Speaker says he wants to give a tax cut to every Michigan business and doing so will help create more jobs. Gov. Jennifer Granholm says she is open to the idea but she has not seen the GOP plan to pay for it.
"If they have a plan, I'd like to see it," Granholm tells TV-10 News.
Speaker Craig DeRoche says he is putting the finishing touches on the proposal and will release it next month.
Under the governor's single business tax plan, 75 percent of businesses would get a tax break with the other 25 percent paying higher taxes to under the relief for everyone else.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.